Community Council Meeting Minutes
January 10, 2018 1:30-2:30 pm
Attending: Lori Lay, Lynne Hamp, Amy Berry, Colette Erickson, Justin Willie, Nic Shellabarger, Lory Peterson, Kenny Olsen and Alicia Coats
- Welcome-Alicia Coats
- Approval of Minutes: Justin approved, second by Lynne Hamp
- Lorraine Vanderwood-Computers
- Lorraine is the computer teacher at Kanesville Elementary. She taught the board how to sign into a chromebook and logged everyone into typing club. Chromebooks and Chromeboxes are the majority of Kanesville computers. Trustland funds purchased the online program “Typing Club” for students 3-6 to learn to type. She explained benefits helping the students on standardized tests and on classroom assignments. Stundent’s typing skills have improved from last year. She enjoys that it is self-paced and engaging. It includes games and videos.
- PRIDE Tickets-Lori Lay and Lynne Hamp
- Kanesville’s goal and the goal to benefit students with positive reinforcement is always 4:1. Kanesville has implemented PRIDE tickets to reward the students around Kanesville that are doing awesome jobs. It also give the recess and lunch aides power to be able to reward the students that are following directions. One example was a 1st grade student that was walking by construction workers that were painting Kanesville’s walls and she overly thanked them and told them how they were doing the most wonderful job and she was so thankful for them. Great things happen and Kanesville and the school wants to make sure the students are reinforced for being amazing.
- Willie- Trustland Review
- 2017-18 Trustland Plan
- Trustland Plan is helping our school. Data has all gone down. Trustland pays for an aide for reading fluency and interventions. Supplying aides to read with students is in our school opinion the more beneficial to the students.
- Justin mentioned the trial of vertical PLC’s and working together with all grades
- Solution Tree is available for next year in October 2018. Teachers are interested in going and the first one has benefited the school in lots of ways. Mr. Willie explained benefits of teacher PLC’s. The fourth rotation was discussed that we don’t want it to be a waste of time for the students. Nic was concerned that it needed more structure. Collette was interested in bringing a retired teacher to teach music and arts. Bev Tayler Sorensen is a sponsorship through Weber State. Kanesville would still like more information and is unable to create a plan on how to implement this in our school.
Dismissed at 2:30
Next Meeting February 28th, 2018 @1:30pm